Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sudden bouts of sadness

Have you ever woken up early in the morning and saw your elderly grandmother or mother preparing water, drinks and breakfast? I did so this morning and felt such a huge surge of sadness because I just could not help but have a mental image of my grandma lying in a coffin, gone. I couldn't help but start crying, coz I can't imagine something like this!

Just last Friday, while on course, the instructor was talking about a primary attachment figure that everyone will have. I thought hard for a while and the first person to come to my mind was my grandma!

I think it's the after-effects of the scare that I got last week when I received news that my grandma had fallen at the bus-stop near my house while she was about to go home. It was so scary since I had no idea what happened and my mother told me not to rush back. It was many hours later that I knew she was ok, just had to have lots of stitches on her chin. Good thing she's ok and that there were a few neighbours around who helped her up and all...

Thank God she's ok... I just went to take out the stitches with her just now. To hear her suddenly suck in air coz of the pain really made my knees go weak... Can't imagine how I'd be if she were to be really gone... Must pray for her so that I may see her in heaven eternally!

No comments: