Thursday, August 25, 2005

Programming blues


In my line of work, there are 2 components. Firstly is programmes, the other is casework & counselling.

I am designated to be part of the casework & counselling team, which is fine and good since I am a social worker by training. However, my heart is in programmes. I get a buzz out of doing programmes. I know what to do when programmes are run. I see my programme team colleagues do their stuff and I would just be gravitating towards them...

I know you might wonder why I didn't ask to transfer to the programme team then. The answer is because my supervisor did not allow me to. He said that I should learn to do what I have been trained in.

I was busy helping out the programme team today. I did not see any clients, I did not do any paper work, I did not do anything I promised myself to have done. I am such a big idiot!! Sigh...

I have asked my colleague to stop me from helping her with programmes the next time... I will also need self-control... God help me!!!

No comments: