Saturday, May 28, 2005

翔鹰 2005 之 那一夜...

我好想演戏啊!我的戏瘾又犯了。。。 怎么办?

A week ago, my CDS teacher from secondary school sent all alumni an email to invite us to the performance put up by my juniors and some of the alumni. Today, i got the tickets! So exciting... but it also brought up a whole series of memories...

I remember being brought to private chinese speech and drama classes when i was young. It was so fun! i liked all the lessons that we were put through and also the admiration i got from people when i recited passages in perfect chinese. My primary teachers always put me in chinese story-telling competitions as well as poem-recitation performances. However, i stopped going when i reached primary 5.

Then when i stepped into secondary school, this "talent" became somewhat common and i was no longer highly sought after... BUT, i joined the Chinese Drama Society and i met my old speech and drama teacher! It was there i had more opportunities to act and have fun. I guess i wasn't too talented as my drama teacher never really put me in lead roles. I was still content as i was able to act!

I was still quite active in my JC drama club but it was so pitiful! The number of members were less than 20! sigh...

Since then, i didn't really act anymore... There was an opportunity to act in a drama, but i turned it down as the drama was based in Buddhist principles so i wasn't really comfortable with it.

I really miss acting... so i grabbed at all sorts of opportunities to act, even if it was role-playing in groupwork! i'm desperate eh? heh.

i really miss acting, a whole lot...

on a sidenote, i went jogging around the reservoir today. I was dying when i was done... 4km!!! argh!!!! tired out....

No comments: