Wednesday, June 01, 2005

4km...

I went jogging around the reservoir near my home today after work. My sister insisted on going with me as well even though she had just came back from her canoeing CCA earlier. So off we went and at first, she was really very fast... as if someone was chasing her... hahaha... but anyway,i managed to catch up with her by the 1.5km mark... that was when she slowed down la... think she was tired...

Anyway, as we were jogging(or rather i was doing a slow jog while she was walking...), she started telling me abt the things going on with all the members in the CCA. She told me A's relationship with S, then how F & P sucked as they were very fierce and all, and also her "sisters" and "brothers" and "grandmothers". Yeah, we had kind of a good talk... i mean, i wasn't preaching or nagging at her and it was neutral ground so i think it's quite a pleasant time for us both. She gets to talk to me, i get to listen to wat's going on in her life.

I mean, it's quite difficult to talk to her coz i was always the disciplinarian and a fierce one at that, then plus the fact that she's now in her teens so she wun talk to us if she could. Sigh... I guess i'm to blame for ruining the relationship since i screamed at her so many times in the past, did all kinds of things to irritate her and also rejected her so many times... Well, of course if i were to look at the time when she was born, it was kind of like the wrong time since i was undergoing the teenage stage and full of angst... The world was against me!! Nonetheless, it was not right la... sigh...

Well, guess it's time to make amends... However, I think my parents would would have to take a more active role in the discipline of her. It's like i have to refuse to go to the parent-teacher meeting on my mother's behalf so that she could be in charge of my sister, not me. Need to set boundaries!!

Guess it's gonna be a long long road... definitely more than 4km!

2 comments:

adinahaes said...

these things take time.

my sister and i only got closer when she got to secondary school and even then we still fight sometimes.

as in screaming type fights....

i'm sure as she matures she will appreciate you more and you guys will understand each other better.

Hannah Neo said...

heh... i sure hope so...