Monday, May 30, 2005

Prayer Request *Urgent*

If you've been reading or watching the news for the past few days, you would know that there has been a Singaporean family who had a car accident in US. I know the family who were from my previous church and i know that they are people who love God. Please do pray for them... I attach an email i got from one of the members in the family. Read and keep them in your prayers please...

Hi,

This is Dawn here (Margaret's daughter). My parents
are still in hospital. It has been very traumatic for
me as I was in the car witnessing everything that
happen, being conscious throughout before the hit, the
hit and after the hit..being overturned upside down
and trying to calm my dad and mum.

Dad was stuck in his seat belt bleeding
profusely..dangling down while mum kept asking where
she is..as she was thrown out of the car.

I had to calm them down and asked them to trust in God
n pray. Dad was bleeding whole face and wanted to get
up as he was dangling...I squeezed back into the car
through a small opening to help support dad's head and
shoulder..

When the doctor told me that his back of the neck has
been dislocated and all, I asked myself if it was my
fault.

I am glad Mum cannot remember what happened during the
accident as I wish I can forget. Now, when i close my
eyes, images of what happened keep coming into my
mind--the happy moments during our golf game. We were
actually heading out of the golf course to have pizza
buffet for lunch..sigh..and the panic moments when we
saw the train coming towards us and getting turned
over..

It all feel like a nightmare..

I know that God is in control and He def has a purpose
for this. I can see God's hand in it esp during the
prayer rally when my mum-in-law and sister-in-law
attended(who are non-Christians) and to see my
aunt(non-Christian) going to my parents place for a
prayer time tog as well.

It has always been my family's prayer that our
relatives and my husband's family be Christians..so, I
do pray that through this, they will know who God is
and His power..

Mum's leg is getting better but still hurts on her
right knee and she is very weak-vomiting and being
immobile, stuck in bed with bed sores.. Her eyes
cannot be opened as the doctor says she has chemical
burns from the burst air bag. Doctor is just applying
eye drops on her eyes. Pray she can open her eyes soon
and can gain sight.

Dad is still in critical condition relying on the
respiratory breathing equipment. His blood pressure
and heart rate is all good. His hands can also move
and have reaction. But up to now, his legs has not
moved. So, he may be paralysed from chest down. Pray
against it and that my dad will be a living miracle.

My dad has been faithful and has been unashamed of the
gospel by sharing with so many people about Christ. I
pray God will heal him so that my dad can share to
more peopl of God's goodness and mercy.

Many doctors n nurses here already say we are 'lucky'
to have survived this.. Feel blessed and I just pray
my parents will feel better and heal completely.

FOr myself, I have bruises on my left side..hand,
knees and arms..and it is swollen. So, the doctor just
gave me some pain killers and anti inflamatory med.
However, I seem to have some allergic reaction to it
and itching...so I have stopped eating. Pray that God
will heal my sores and my head and neck as I seemed to
have been hit on the head as well.

Pray also for my husband, Chee Tiong as he has been
busy taking care of me and my parents..driving me
around to and fro hospitals as my dad and mum stays in
diff hospitals..he seems exhausted.

My bro and pam will be coming soon and I do pray that
we will have strength and wisdom to take care of our
parents..

Do pass this update around and keep on praying esp for
my dad..

Thanks and God bless
Dawn

No comments: