Monday, May 30, 2005

Church today, gone tomorrow...

My church had our members' forum today after service. I think it created quite a bit of discussion for the weeks to come but one thing that got me really concerned was the fact that the people could be discussing what to do in the future without actually knowing the direction that God is wanting for the church to go towards! It's like setting out to build a house without having a blueprint of the finished product. You wun wanna trust such a builder, would you?

Sigh... things have been going downwards for a really long time, something that i had not seen ever and it makes me sad that a church has to go through something like this. As many people shared today, i can hear that they identify with me as well... But i know that God is still sovereign. He is still in control and so now is the time to trust Him. I know that there is a purpose that God has for me in this church, or else He would have told me to leave long time ago. However, if things come to a point in which the church is still going to go around in circles, like what a member had compared us to the Israelites during the exodus, I might consider leaving. I need to grow in a church that is living! Or else, it might not be good for me spiritually. So yeah... will still pray and seek God and ask Him to soften the hearts of all members and speak to each of us, also for us to respond to Him and not run away or harden our hearts anymore.

During the forum, i was also reminded of how God pursued me. When He had something that He wanted me to do, He speaks to me through EVERYTHING!!! And i kid you not. It's like He would have the same message over and over and over again, week after week. Whatever i read from the bible, it's the same message. When i hear other's sharing, it's the same message. When i do my QT, it's the same message. HOW DO YOU FREAKING NOT HEAR AND DO WHAT HE SAYS?! Heh... but He does it coz i'm stubborn, cynical and contrary. He does it coz He knows i need to be convicted by what He says before i will do it. And He does it coz He loves me... I have never looked back and cursed God for doing it coz i see how the experience had blessed me and made me grow in the way that I have never imagined. The process is long-drawn and painful, but i know it's worth it coz i would have known that what God wants me to do and He would bring me through the proccess.

So, God is still good, God is still in charge, and GOD STILL SPEAKS! Be it in a mighty thundering storm or the gentle whispering of leaves on a tree, He communicates with us... But do we wanna hear what He says? There will come a time when our hearts will be so hardened that we can't hear him anymore. So heed and obey while you still are able to... dun wait...

No comments: