Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Strange people

I arrived at the lift under my block of flats and saw a neighbour. Now, i don't really know her very well, but I've seen her before. She used to wear very loose fitting clothes and with her haircut, looked quite like a male.

Recently, she has started work and looks much better with her change of clothes and haircut.

What happened at the lift landing was strange... She saw me and gave me a very fierce look. She surveyed me from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. And it did not just happen once, but twice! The best part was, I was looking at her while she was giving me the once over.

Sometimes, people will look away when they are caught looking at you? I mean, I've got quite a bit of experience, especially with the Bangladesh workers.

It's like the time when I was crying on a bus. The 2 Bangladesh workers sitting in front of me kept surreptiously turning back to look at me. They would also quickly turn back their head when they see me looking at them. They were also trying to use the window as a mirror to see what's going on. Hahahahaha... Amusement in the midst of sadness...

So anyway, back to the episode. Thoughts just ran wild in my head as I went into the lift with her. I didn't really dare to look at her but I could feel her stare... I was wondering if there was something wrong with me, like my skirt was too short or that I was too fat or what.

Of course she could also be looking me me coz I'm pretty...

Right?

No comments: