Friday, June 17, 2005

Testing, testing one two three! Testing!

I went for an accreditation test today. It was kind of nerve wracking considering the fact that the place was at the extreme northwest of the country and my place of work was at the east. I had to take a cab all the way down and it cost me A LOT OF MONEY!! It didn't help that there was a traffic jam and i was already late!! (Or so i thought coz it was only later that i discovered that i got the time wrong... heh...)

Oh well... Things were ok. I didn't do too badly... Managed to find an answer to one of the quiz questions. It was like we were able to bring back the quiz to do and we could also compare answers. Everyone thought that the answer to that particular question was option B. However, I thought it was option C! But i went along with the rest... Sigh... I should have gone with my gut instinct instead...

I think these tests are quite weird considering that you are guaranteed to pass such tests even before you took it. This seems to be the trend that when one goes for a course organised by the government ministries, you will always pass the tests. That's coz they take all pains to ENSURE that you won't fail! So then i wonder: Are the ministry people so silly to think that people from social services are so stupid that they need maximum help for tests?

But let me just say that at times, the most stupid people are those FROM the ministry! They come up with all kinds of policies and SOPs to try to make people's lives difficult. Some of these policies and SOPs are also quite obviously not meant for people working on the ground. You know, it does not mean that when one has a good honours or masters degree, he/she would be a good policy maker! Yups, i hate stupid people...

No comments: