Sunday, June 19, 2005

IPod mini & other peripherals

I know I must be crazy when I start dreaming about owning an IPod Mini. The best thing was: It was free! Someone had so kindly given it to me. hahahahaha.... I don't remember the person though, otherwise I would go and look for the person and try to get him/her to really get me one. Heh... Fat hope i guess...

My brother had been bugging me about getting this OSIM foot massager for my dad as a Fathers' Day present. I have already told him that I didn't have any money and he went as far as to suggest that I pay him when we get our bonuses at the end of the year while he buys one first. I really though it was quite redundant given the fact that I think my mum enjoys the time when she massages me dad's feet. (That's when they talk and have legitimate physical contact in the public...) Also, the last time he got a massager, my dad used it for a grand total of... *drumroll* ... 2 weeks (Maximum.) before he complained that it was too heavy and didn't help much. So that went into obscurity. (Or rather into the cupboard where almost nobody ever opens.)

The other thing to mention is this: my brother is terrible at managing his own finances. He used to spend every cent he has and then borrow from me or my mum in order to get by. (He does it less often these days but i really don't think he has much savings.) So if he were to buy this, he probably will find it difficult (Impossible, rather...) to get by for the next few weeks till he gets his pay. So i don't really want him to use future money to pay for this thingy.

Well, things came to a climax when he said that he wanted to get the massager today. I refused point blank, saying that we could wait till we get our bonuses AT THE END OF THE YEAR! That's not too long to wait, isn't it? But NOOOOOOO.... He has to get it NOW... And he has the cheek to message me: "We really have to do what we need to do." Is that ridiculous or what? You mean, I die die also must cough out an amount of money to pay for this frivolous thing that MY BROTHER wants to buy? It's not even a request from my dad! So when i asked him why he would want to force me to buy something that i don't agree to buy, he said that he didn't! He obviously does not see it as emotional blackmail as it really is... Argh!

Anyway, the final conclusion of this story is: My brother decided to buy a watch for my dad instead. He has not asked me if i wanted to share but i'm just waiting for him to open his mouth and ask.

I know he will. Don't ask me how i know.

No comments: