Monday, February 20, 2006

I am?

What is disappointment? Or anger? Or jealousy?

I wonder how it'd be like if I could express all my emotions freely without fear of shame, recriminations, and all sorts of negative consequences. Maybe I've lived a life of masks too long so much so that I don't know how to be real anymore. Seeing how negative emotions are in the world around me, I would never be able to be me. It'd be too damaging.

How do I express emotions constructively? That's a question I'm asking myself so often nowadays.

I am not me.

It's so easy to hide your fear and hurt under the mask of anger or even indifference but they eat at you until you're nothing left. You have to be sure the other person you tell your fear and hurts to will not throw it back at your face and tell you not to feel so in many different ways.

I want to be me.

6 comments:

Emay said...

i'm willing to listen n i wun throw it back in ur face... any time... :)

Hannah Neo said...

Hee... Thanks! Really appreciate it. =)

Banana Saviour said...

Throw it at me!! Duckie will absorb one. The feathers are more than absorbent enuff. Heh.

You are someone I can be totally myself with... so you can be totally yourself with me, without repercussions. Yeah?

Hannah Neo said...

Heh... Don't regret when I take this suggestion seriously! ;)

Banana Saviour said...

Oops? Hah. Cos I won't regret. The most irritate you with empty Honey Lemon tea bottles only mah... Hee.

Hannah Neo said...

*grrrr*