Friday, May 20, 2005

Dirty old man & more

i think i'm getting the hang of this blog thingy... heh...

anyway, this post is about a time when i was at a shopping centre in the east. i was on the way to buy something when i saw this old man sitting beside a middle-aged woman. Suddenly, the old man reached out and touched the side of the woman's breast! I think the expression of disgust on my face must have been glimpsed by the woman and she exclaimed in a semi-loud whisper (strange as it might sound...), "Aiyo! you so daring ah? do this in public!" She must have known him or else her reaction might not be this... heh...

So i just went off and bought my stuff, in time to see them leave the bench and walked towards the escalator. They weren't holding hands but were walking quite close beside one another. Then i saw the woman strolling casually into the jewellery shop located on the next level. sigh... i think you can imagine what was going on...

I am seriously disgusted by such people who are so led by their basic instincts. ok, i know my blog name talks about Freud, who was one of the first people to talk of basic instincts leading their lives. But i didn't particularly like Freud even when i was doing my basic psychology class, thought it was too "radical" and "open"... But i was slowly accepting the fact that in a sense we are very much acting according to how our basic instincts dictate us, though not always...

I remembered that there was a time when i took leave to go out with M and as we were going to celebrate his birthday, i decided to skip breakfast so that i could enjoy the lunch with him without feeling like i'm sinning. (which a lot of people can identify with, i'm sure...) So we were meeting at 1pm. Then when i reached the meeting place, he told me that he was gonna be late for half an hour. So i decided to wait some more even after i was really starving by then; didn't wanna spoil my appetite, you see... but he only reached at near 2pm! Argh!!!

By then, i was damned pissed off... Then he arrived, apologised, and we went into the restaurant. I took this pill that was supposed to be taken 20 mins in advance but the food came really quickly. I couldn't take it anymore! i decided to take the soup after some debate internally... Guess what? M had to say, "But you're supposed to wait 20 mins!"

Wrong move.

I blew my top, screamed at him for being a big asshole and rushed off to the loo to prevent myself from crying and making a fool of myself...

Needless to say, the day was ruined... sigh... the things our basic instinct do to our lives...

Oh well, but the Bible also said that one of the fruit of the Spirit is SELF-CONTROL! Shucks... I suck at that... well, have to practise then... heh....

1 comment:

adinahaes said...

at least you're getting the hang of this blog thingy.

i haven't even figured out how to link people yet.