Monday, June 06, 2005

Tired out....

It's been an emotionally tiring day... Took a phone call from a client who had wanted to commit suicide. I mean, she's ok now as she has some organic stuff that's supposed to be good for her, but when she talked to my colleague, she wasn't so stable.

Then, got a call from another of my client about the people at the community centre who is making her life difficult coz she was denied an application for bursary for her sister. Of course she was late for the application la but had the misfortune of talking to someone who obviously was so not in charge of the whole thing... So now she is one of the pawns of this elaborate play that we call office politics...

Next was a couple who had not been on good terms and talking to both of them can be quite blood-spew-inducing... I mean, the husband was obviously a man of few words while the wife was wanting some answers from him. The result? A client who wants me to tell her what her husband told me and to interrogate him while i'm at it. Sigh...

Last but not least, to top it off, was a client who was obviously distressed with the owner of the house that she was renting. She just needed a listening ear and i tried... But when she told me that i'm someone who was sweet and did not know what was misery, i bristled... Ok, i mean, i am not the expert on sufferings, not having gone through very difficult stuff... But, neither am i the innocent wide-eyed girl at 7 years old.

So yeah... Though i did not do anything earth-shaking, or made the world more beautiful, but i sure tried my best. If my best isn't good enough, then i guess i gotta try harder and find more resources to do my job!

Oh God!! Help me!!

No comments: