Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm sick

Heh... I've been enjoying my iPod mini and also trying to find a different blogskin for this. It doesn't help that i've been sick. Was on MC for 3 days last week. Really bad sore throat with on-off fever is enough to make me feel like shit.

I think I've eaten more panadols last week than any other periods of sickness all added together. I kept getting this woozy feeling, like as if i wasn't there. Also, my head was throbbing like hell... So i was popping 2 pills at a time.

I have also resorted to drinking pipa gao every 10 minutes to try to moisturise my throat. It's been 8 days but thank God, my throat is now getting better. Was telling Xooplex that i think i'd rather have a racking cough than to have sore throat. It's terrible! Especially when I cringe in pain whenever I have to swallow anything. Sigh...

So anyway, was having some misunderstanding with a friend last week. I know that I was probably asking for it... Coz I can be very nosy and meddlesome so I guess it can get on some people's nerves.

My friend, F, was talking to another friend about something and i poked my nose in the conversation. So she said jokingly, "It's not your business leh!" I know she was joking but I couldn't help being upset coz I was trying to be helpful. And in her joking tone, I could also hear that she was kinda serious in meaning it. So yeah... painful.

Then later, F was talking about something and I asked her a question. She got quite upset as she didn't really wanna talk about that topic. I was just super confused lor... The question i asked was not very intrusive, but after some analysis with another friend, C, I probably didn't phrase my question properly. So anyway, we managed to clear the misunderstanding through email.

But I guess one thing i learnt was that I should not be so nosy in the future. So just do my own things and don't talk so much lor. That's why the bible says that we should be careful with our tongue. God gives us 2 ears and 1 mouth. For us to listen more and to talk less... Must learn! Bite my tongue if I have to!

Oh! On a more positive note, M, his colleague and I went to watch Mr & Mrs Smith yesterday! Brad Pitt looks so good in the show! Also, the on screen chemistry between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is absolutely sizzling! I mean, I was really wondering if the rumour that the divorce between Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston was caused by her. But I guess we would never know right?

No comments: